Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spaghetti-zagna

It's like lasagna, only spaghetti-ish. It's delish, and it slices like a pie. Layers of yumminess and topped with cheese. Ok, the layers are topped with cheese, too. Behold!




Here's how to make it:

Make spaghetti like you normally would except don't combine the noodles and sauce.
     *footnote: Because I am awesome, I use my home made spaghetti sauce that I canned from tomatoes and peppers from my own garden that I grew myself. Suck it, Martha Stewart!
     ** Another footnote: I also combine finely diced bell pepper and onion, some extra spices (oregano, thyme, basil), and carrots. The carrots provide a crunch factor, so if you're not into that, just leave 'em out, I guess. Although it won't be as good. Or pretty.

In a glass casserole dish, layer some (drained) noodles.

Spoon sauce to completely cover noodles.

Add a fine layer of shredded cheese. I use Kraft pizza cheese. It melts well and isn't oily.

Repeat until you get to the top of your dish. Dump remainder of sauce on the top layer and cover with a good amount of cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes then broil until cheese is golden.

Let stand for about 10 minutes. By then it should be set enough to slice like a pie. As an added bonus, it won't burn your tongue.



Let me know if you make it, and tell me how awesome I am for giving you the recipe!



1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic! I'll have to give it a whirl.

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete