Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Help! I've fallen... AND dropped my grapes!

You know that Life Alert commercial with the older lady rinsing something in the kitchen? Well, she falls and lays in the floor for like 6 hours until her equally as old neighbor comes to the rescue.

So, to set the scene: The TV is on but it's really just background noise. Maddie is playing in the floor at my feet while I am doing a crossword puzzle. The commercial comes on then goes off. I didn't think anything about it. It's been on dozens of times before. Maddie gets up to retrieve something from her room. She pauses in the doorway, turns to me and says, "Mommy? Know what? I feel sorry for those grapes. Because you KNOW how much I loooove grapes!" And then she flounces off. Ok, ummm. WHAT? It took me a minute, but I finally got it. Whatever the lady was rinsing fell and scattered when she fell. Maddie thought they looked like grapes, apparently. So, my mini-me, completely lacking in empathy, felt sorry for. the. GRAPES. The lady? Ah, she'd be okay. But the grapes?? Now THAT was a waste! They just had to lay there on the floor when they couldv'e been being eaten!!

God that kid cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment